Outstanding Teen Preliminary Titleholder Program
Hello Outstanding Teen contestants!
The Miss Vermont Scholarship Organization is pleased to once again offer a Preliminary Titleholder Program (PTP)! Vermont currently does not have a Local Competition network, and is therefore an Open State. Open States allow anyone to apply to compete for a State Title. To support you and your ability to compete for the Miss Vermont’s Outstanding Teen (OT) Scholarships and the title of Miss Vermont’s Outstanding Teen, we offer the Preliminary Titleholder Program that gives you the opportunity to:
- Begin a journey of self-discovery and growth as you obtain valuable skills leading up to the Miss Vermont Scholarship Competition and beyond.
- Be a representative of the Miss Vermont Scholarship Organization and help spread the mission of our organization. See missvermont.org.
- Be able to represent your area of the state making appearances (upon approval) related to your platform, community service, and fundraising goals.
- Learn about community service and fundraising through our partnership with the Children’s Miracle Network Hospital (CMNH) at UVM Medical Center. Each Preliminary OT will be required to raise $100 for CMNH over her preliminary months.
- Develop your personal platform of community service, which will be a new requirement for the 2015 Miss Vermont’s Outstanding Teen competition, as it is required to compete in the national Miss America’s Outstanding Teen competition.
- Have the opportunity to mentor the young girls who participate in our Princess Program. You will be able to encourage a young girl, ages 5-10, to participate and become your Princess.
- Have the opportunity to strive for the Duke of Edinburgh Awards. In 2014, 7 PTP teens earned Bronze levels, and one earned Silver level medals. In 2015, two PTP teens earned Gold Level medals, three earned Silver medals and two earned Bronze level medals.
The Preliminary Titleholder Program is optional, but it is filled with countless benefits. Each contestant participating in this enriching program will receive:
- An Official Sash ($50)
- Waived fees for 5 skill building workshops ($50)
- Waived fee for Pageant Registration($250)
Here are our current titles; please let me know if you have a different title in mind:
Miss Addison County’s OT, Miss Bennington County’s OT, Miss Caledonia County’s OT, Catamount’s Outstanding Teen, Miss Champlain Valley’s OT, Miss Chittenden County’s OT, Miss Collegiate Area’s OT(referring to Burlington Colleges), Miss Eastern Vermont’s OT, Miss Essex County’s OT, Miss Franklin County’s OT, Miss Grand Isle County’s OT, Miss Lamoille County’s OT, Miss Northeast Kingdom’s OT, Miss Northern Vermont’s OT, Miss Orange County’s OT, Miss Orleans County’s OT, Miss Rutland County’s OT, Miss Southern Vermont’s OT, Miss Washington County’s OT, Miss Western Vermont’s OT, Miss Windham County’s OT, and Miss Windsor County’s OT.
Each contestant participating in the Preliminary Titleholder Program is required to pay the development program fee of $400 ($350 for returning PTP’s), and will be able to choose a title on a first-come, first-served basis. You can pay the $400 fee in full, or opt for a three month payment plan.
- If you choose the payment plan, the schedule is as follows:
First month payment – A minimum non-refundable deposit of $150 is due at commitment.
Second month payment – A payment of $125 is due. ($100 for returning PTPs)
Third (final) month payment – A payment of $125 is due. ($100 for returning PTPs)
- If you choose to attend a development workshop before you are paid in full you must pay the $50 skill building workshop fee, but it will count towards the total $400 payment for the Preliminary Title Program.
- All fees paid towards your participation in the Preliminary Titleholder Program, Development Workshops, or the 2016 Scholarship Competition are non-refundable.
Please Note: You will not receive your sash or be able to make appearances until you have paid in full. If you currently hold a title or are under contract with any other scholarship program or pageant, you will not be eligible to enroll in the Miss Vermont Scholarship Organization’s Preliminary Titleholder Program until you have officially fulfilled your duties and crowned a successor. Also, participants of the Preliminary Titleholder Program may not compete in any other pageant or similar competition while holding a Miss Vermont Outstanding Teen Preliminary Title.
Applications will be accepted beginning September 13th, 2015 through January 1, 2016. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your participation in the Outstanding Teen Preliminary Titleholder Program and to hold your title for one week. To complete your application, send a non-refundable check for the $400 development fee ($350 for returning PTPs) or a $150.00 deposit, along with your signed Application & Contract and MVSO Code of Conduct, within one week of your email commitment.
If you have any questions about becoming a Preliminary Titleholder please feel free to email me. We look forward to this exciting opportunity for all of our contestants!
Brittany Rhoads Puopolo,
Miss Vermont Scholarship Organization Outstanding Teen Development Coordinator