Miss Vermont Preliminary Titleholder Program
Hello Miss Vermont Contestants!
The Miss Vermont Scholarship Organization is pleased to once again offer a Preliminary Titleholder Program (PTP)! Vermont currently does not have a local competition network, and is therefore an open state. Open states allow anyone to apply to compete for a State Title. To support you and your ability to compete for the Miss Vermont Scholarships and the title of Miss Vermont, we offer a Preliminary Titleholder Program that gives you the opportunity to:
- Begin a journey of self-discovery and growth as you obtain valuable skills leading up to the Miss Vermont Scholarship Competition and beyond.
- Be a representative of the Miss Vermont Scholarship Organization and help spread the mission of our organization.
- Be able to represent your county making appearances (upon approval) related to your platform, community service, and fundraising goals.
- Learn about community service and fundraising through our partnership with the Children’s Miracle Network Hospital (CMNH) at UVM Medical Center. Each Miss Vermont Contestant is required to raise $250 for CMNH to be eligible to compete in the State Competition. The PTP program gives you a head start.
- Develop your personal platform of community service which is required to compete for Miss Vermont and Miss America.
- Have the opportunity to mentor the young girls and boys who participate in our Red Clover Prince and Princess Program. You will be able to encourage a young person, ages 5 -12 to participate and become a strong leader.
The Preliminary Titleholder Program is optional, but it is filled with countless benefits. Each contestant participating in this enriching program will receive:
- An Official Sash at a Sashing Ceremony ($50)
- Waived fees for 4 skill building workshops ($75 each)
*NEW for our 2017 competition season*
We are offering a Grow the Sisterhood Discount. PTP participants can earn $50 off their program fees for each fellow contestant they recommend to join the PTP program. For example, a PTP participant could refer three friends (Miss or Teens). If they all sign up for the PTP program, the referring contestant will receive $150 off her entry fee. Each referred contestant will also receive a $50 discount. The new contestant must not already be on our contact list or a previous contestant. Hypothetically, if a contestant were to refer seven friends who all signed up for the PTP program, she could participate in the PTP program free of charge.
Here are our current titles; please let me know if you have a different title in mind:
Miss Addison County, Miss Bennington County, Miss Caledonia County, Miss Catamount, Miss Champlain Valley, Miss Chittenden County, Miss Collegiate Area (referring to Burlington Colleges), Miss Eastern Vermont, Miss Essex County, Miss Franklin County, Miss Grand Isle County, Miss Lamoille County, Miss Northeast Kingdom, Miss Northern Vermont, Miss Orange County, Miss Orleans County, Miss Rutland County, Miss Southern Vermont, Miss Washington County, Miss Western Vermont, Miss Windham County, and Miss Windsor County.
Each contestant participating in the Preliminary Titleholder Program is required to pay the development program fee of $350, and will be able to choose a title on a first-come, first-served basis. You can pay the $350 fee in full, or opt for a four month payment plan.
- If you choose the payment plan, the schedule is as follows:
December 2016 - A minimum nonrefundable deposit of $150 is due at commitment.
January 2017 (2nd payment) – A payment of $75 is due.
February 2017 (3rd payment) – A payment of $75 is due.
March 2017 (final payment) – A payment of $50 is due.
- If you choose to attend a development workshop before you have paid in full you must pay the $75 skill building workshop fee, but it will count towards the total $350 payment for the Preliminary Titleholder Program.
- All fees paid toward your participation in the Preliminary Titleholder Program and Development Workshops are non-refundable.
Please Note: You will not receive your sash or be able to make appearances until you have paid in full. If you currently hold a title or are under contract with any other scholarship program or pageant, you will not be eligible to enroll in the Miss Vermont Scholarship Organization’s Preliminary Titleholder Program until you have officially fulfilled your duties and crowned a successor or relinquished the title. Also, participants of the Preliminary Titleholder Program may not compete in any other pageant or similar competition while holding a Miss Vermont Preliminary Title.
Applications will be accepted via email, beginning November 6, 2016 through February 10, 2017. Checks can be made to the “Miss Vermont Scholarship Organization, Inc.” and mailed to Tammy Johnson at: MVSO, PO Box #8422, Essex Junction, VT 05452. A $350 payment in full, or the $150 deposit for the payment plan, must be received within one week of your email commitment to hold your title. If you have any questions about becoming a preliminary titleholder, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to this exciting opportunity for all of our contestants!
MVSO Miss Coordinator